HIAS Health is seeking an Assistant Professor or a Research Associate. (Closing date is Tuesday 31st August 2021 (JST).)
|Place of work||Hitotsubashi University
2-1 Naka, Kunitachi, Tokyo 186-8601, Japan
|Number of positions||1|
|Salary||Monthly salary : 337,000 – 707,000 Japanese Yen（Salary will be determined based on job position, experience）
Transportation allowance will be paid in accordance with the regulations of the university （Maximum 55,000 Japanese yen per month）
|Period of employment||– From 11th November 2021 to 31st October 2023(The start date is negotiable.).
– The contract shall not be extended.
|Job title||Assistant professor (Specially appointed) or Research associate (Specially appointed)|
|Job details (duties, subject responsible for, etc.)||1. To contribute to empirical research projects on national and international health policies (see our website for our past and on-going projects).
2. To help facilitate HIAS Health’s research collaborations with national and international research institutions, governments, and donors.
3. To contribute to research and education at HIAS Health
|Qualifications (required skills, experiences etc.)||1. A PhD in relevant area (applicants who expect to receive a PhD after their starting date will also be considered).
2. Ability and experience of conducting statistical/econometric analysis for health economics and policy research.
3. Ability and willingness to publish research articles in international peer-reviewed journals; and to deliver competitive proposals for external research grants.
4. Ability and willingness to work as part of a team.
|Work days and hours||– Workhours are deemed as 7 hours and 45 minutes per weekday / 38 hours and 45 minutes per week, in accordance with the Discretionary Work System for Professional Work.
– Work days are 5 days a week, Monday through Friday.
|Holidays||– Saturdays and Sundays, national holidays, new year holidays (Dec. 29-Jan.3), and other holidays designated by the president of the University
– Paid leave will be given after six months from employment date.
– Other paid holidays; condolence leave, sick/injured child care leave, care leave
– Non-paid leave; maternal leave etc.
|Social insurance||Employment insurance; industrial accident compensation insurance; health insurance; and pension insurance|
|Selection||Candidates are selected based on their application documents and an interview in English or Japanese.|
|Application||Please prepare a single PDF file that contains the following documents 1 through 3, and send it by email to email@example.com. Please put “Application for HIAS Health PD” in the subject of the email. (Applications are accepted by email only)|
|Application documents||1. Cover Letter
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Application Form
Download the form here.
4. Two reference letters (the letters must be sent directly from the referees by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline)All documents must be written in English or Japanese.
|Deadline||Tuesday, 31st August 2021 (JST)|
|Notification of results||Applicants who are short-listed will be invited for an interview within fourteen days of the receipt of the application documents.|
|Date of interview||The date is negotiable.|
|Policy of returning the documents||Application documents will not be returned. After an application has been processed, all submitted documents will be disposed of immediately in an appropriate manner.|
|Point of contact||Shinobu MURAI (Ms.)
Should you have any questions, please contact us by email, with “Inquiry regarding HIAS Health PD” in your email subject line.
|Notes||– All submitted application documents will not be used for any other purpose except the selection process for this position.
– Application documents will not be returned. After an application has been processed, all submitted documents will be disposed of immediately in an appropriate manner.
– Hitotsubashi University is an equal opportunity employer in the spirit of the Basic Act for Gender-Equal Society.
– Interview will be scheduled in person or online. Transportation cost to visit the interview venue will be paid by the applicant.